SEE YOU AT PECHA KUCH NIGHT 07!!! Jan 11, 2014, 8pm, 307 E Brady St. Tulsa
The Presentors for PECHA KUCHA NIGHT 07 are:
1. Cheril Vendetti - My Horrible Cookbook Saga ( A Culinary Nightmare) by Cheril Vendetti
2. Teresa Miller - OSU Tulsa Director of Oklahoma Writers and Poets Group
3. Jennifer Skaggs - Yoga as a Healing Tool with the example of teaching yoga to incarcerated people and their children
4. Julie Clark – Creative trends in Arts Education.
5. Jeff Martin - Booksmart: How he got people interested in reading books again. The creative process behind making books (or anything) "hip" again (especially in the digital age)
6. Jeffrey M. Moore- Project Director, Oklahoma POP Museum
7. James Spicer (Owner of Green Country Permaculture)
8. Rob Stuart (General Manager at Chimera Cafe)
9. Sarah McKemie & Ieke Trinks – Photographer/Performance Artist – currently on Artist in Residence Program at AHHA)
10. Deena Burke - West African Dance meets Tulsa audiences!
20 SECONDS / 20 SLIDES - Next PechaKucha
“PechaKucha Tulsa” is a presentation methodology in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each, usually seen in a multiple-speaker event called PechaKucha. Thus, each presenter has just 6 minutes and 40 seconds to explain their ideas before the next takes the stage.
PechaKucha Nights consist of around 10 presentations, who are selected by three regular PechaKucha Curators and one Guest Curator who changes each quarter. Each Curator nominates several creative individual and the Committee hashes out who would be a good group. Conceived as a format through which young creative individuals can meet, show their work, exchange ideas and network, the fast-pace keeps presentations concise and fascinating. This is not a membership event, but a pay-at-the-door event with a cash bar. It is intended for all of Tulsa to know the “latest” about what creative things are going on here in Tulsa!
PechaKucha Nights were devised and are copyrighted Klein Dytham architecture. More information on PechaKucha Nights around the world can be found at: http://www.pecha-kucha.org/night/ and
Many thanks to John Eakin III for turning Living Arts on to this wonderful format!
PechaKucha Tulsa Curators 2012-13 are: